Every homebuyer will have a particular look in their eyes when they walk into the right home. It is a look that stems from a warm, fuzzy feeling they get due to the instantaneous image that floods their mind as they envision living in the house.
Listing agents should do their best to elicit such a reaction in every potential homebuyer. It helps to increase the likelihood of making a quick and easy sale. As a listing agent, what you should invest in is knowing the how to stage a home on sale. Understand that you are selling more than just a building, you are selling the possibilities of enjoying a comfortable life which should be the feeling you strive to ensure every potential buyer gets when walking through the door. Make them feel right at home and be sure to table offers to match and you are bound to make a sale. Below are some home staging tips worth considering.
1. Clean up the place going from room to room as you remove the dirt and various things that do not belong. Get rid of any clutter as your pop the place to have it spick and span.
2. Stage the Space with some hired furniture. You are selling a dream and renting beautiful modern items of furniture can help you do so faster. Furniture hire and staging companies provide clients with comprehensive furniture packages that allow them to make their homes look extremely impressive and desirable.
3. Spruce up the bedroom with a bit of biasness for the master bedroom. Ensure the bed has new or freshly laundered bedding. Pick out your favorite duvet and pillowcases and spread them on the bed, Also, throw a fancy rug on the floor and ensure the place is well lit; have the room looking its best.
4. If the viewing is during the day, ensure all the windows are open to allow in fresh air. If late in the day, then have them a fraction open to keep the house from feeling chilly.
5. During the cold days, have the heating running and even have fire lit if the house as a fireplace. Introducing lit church candles can also aid in making the place feel cozy; it is an idea that works best during the hot summers when it’s too hot to consider lighting a fire.
6. If the viewing is at night, have the lamps lit and consider have a mix of low level and overhead lights. You can skip this is the viewing is on a bright day; having the window drapes or curtain open will suffice.
7. Playing relaxing music at a low volume can help set the right mood and even cause prospect buyers to want to linger a bit longer as they view the home.
8. Spraying a bit of perfume or a sweet-scented room freshener is essential to having the house smell as good as it looks. Placing a vanilla pod in the oven and having the device run on low heat a minute can help the kitchen have a homely aroma. A few drops of lemon juice in a bowl of water can work if you do not have a vanilla pod.
9. Ensure the outdoor space looks as good as the indoors. Arrange the vases, have the greens trimmed and watered. With the cover of snow during winter, consider adding foliage to help the place have some life and look appealing.
10. Lastly, make sure you look the part. Clean up nice; pick a formal outfit or do a casual smart number, wear clean shoes and be well–groomed. In short, have a professional image that reflects the stylishness and neatness of the homes you sell.